Friday 8 July 2011

Dark Eldar Diorama – Scourge

I intended the diorama to feature two gangs of warring hellions. Then I clapped eyes on the new Scouge figures...it was love at first sight so the hellions will now be fighting the Scourges.
It was at about this time I was adding some more details to monoliths and I’d painted up some spare bits from the Talos set to use in this way. I guess I was a bit relaxed about how I approached the painting and started to experiment with using a brown basecoat and worked up from that using a selection of brown, gold, grey and blue tones. I really like the look of this so I wondered what would happen if I took the same approach to a Dark Eldar mini.

Here is the result. I feel that this is a very different approach to colour for me and it has some potential for exploration I particularly like the way it enables me to play with the contrast between warm and cool colours without resorting to 80s style day glow!

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice work. Been a fan of your stuff ever since I saw that Nurgle Predator, back in the day.In fact I was looking at this morning in an old GW hardback book I have. Now accept my friend request on FB(Luke Wilson) so i can see the updates there too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW would love a tutorial on that wing. It is exactly what I want to do on a demon.

    Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loving the way you painted the wing, the softness of the colour while still looking so membrane like is fantastic, so glad you returned to the hobby :-)

    ReplyDelete